- The first tartan mill to be established in the Highlands for decades, Prickly Thistle seeks answers to today’s issues from the past.
- V&A Dundee worked with Glasgow micro-weavers, Vevar, to explore their tartan design and create a limited edition piece: a modern interpretation steeped in Scottish textile legacy.
- With inspiration from across continents, Ripples Crafts has been based in the northwest Highlands of Scotland for 15 years.
- Centuries of history provide design inspiration for textile conservator Sara Wolf.
- Lammermuit Wool: the story of a small and friendly flock of Shetland sheep in East Lothian.
- Kiltmaking is culturally significant for Scotland, but did you know it is an endangered skill?
- A short history of Sanquhar knitting.
- KATT WEAVER, HEATHER AND HOPS Hairst Jumper: lace details and twisted rib around the hem make an elegant jumper, with matching cowl and scarf designs. Designed with Zakami Yarns Aran wool.
- RUTH ROBINSON Charles III Sanquhar Mitts and Cowl: a new pattern based on historic motifs, created for the Coronation of the new King. Designed with Wee County Yarns Kinross 4 ply wool.
- SARA WOLF Diamond Twist Socks: inspired by a small knitted fragment found with the Gunnister man in Shetland. Designed with Uist Wool Canach, Westfield Croft Shetland or Whistlebare Cuthbert’s Sock yarn.
- EMMA VINING Sallochy Bay Shawl: crescent-shaped shawl in two sizes inspired by the life cycle of a mushroom. Designed using Dystopic Fibres 4 ply yarn.
- LOUISE MOSSOM Sma’ Glen Beanie Hat: inspired by the magical purple sky that precedes snow. Designed with Jamieson’s of Shetland Spindrift wool.
- KARIE WESTERMANN Wheatfield Jumper: an everyday staple designed to showcase special wool. Designed for Lammermuir Wool Harestanes DK wool.
- SYLVIA WATTS-CHERRY Coorie Cardigan: a snuggly cardigan featuring cables framed with intarsia colourwork. Designed with Iona Wool Aran weight wool.
- SAMIRA HILL, EILDON HILLS DESIGNS Whin Top: a versatile sleeveless garment that can be a poncho or an oversized tank top. Designed with Hawkshaw Sheep Aran weight wool.
- MERRIAN HOLLAND, MEZZACRAFT Droman Hat: peaks and troughs are accentuated with colour, designed to use up small quantities of DK yarn. Designed for Ripples Crafts yarn or Jamieson’s of Shetland DK wool.
- MARTA MITCHELL Sunset Song Top: a crocheted tank top inspired by winter skies and designed for layering. Designed using J. C. Rennies (KnitRennies) Supersoft 4 ply wool.
NIC CORRIGAN Dovecot Socks: Fair Isle patterned machine-knitted socks (with hand-knit instructions) inspired by a visit to Dovecot Studios. Designed using Black Isle Yarns Killen Sock yarn.